Grade Prep Abstract Trees

Grade Prep have been discussing and creating amazing abstract art pieces. Our emphasis was on shape, design and colour of an abstract tree. The children had to design a circle shape using crayon, texta and pencil. Each grade Prep class were given a set colour to use and they were to experiment with different shades of that color. A class mural of a tree was made from these circles and real pear tree branches where stuck on the canvas with hot glue to give texture to the piece. The following lesson the children had to make their own tree by drawing the tree branches using black markers and then cutting out the circles and sticking at least 16 of them onto their tree. The class mural was their inspiration! I had photocopied all the children’s circles that they had completed the week before (before I stuck them onto the large mural) but I reduced the size of them so they would make smaller shape leaves for the A4 size page the children used. The colours looked amazing and the kids got real pleasure out of drawing some whacky tree shapes!

The Brown Tree

The Brown Tree

Prep abstract blue treePrep abstract brown treePrep abstract red treePrep abstract green treePrep mural of Abstract tree

The Colour Tree

The Colour Tree

One thought on “Grade Prep Abstract Trees

1. Dear Mrs White and Mrs Watchman,
    Well done on creating your own art blog. I cannot wait to see what you and your students create at WHPS.
    I love these abstract trees and bet the Preps had so much fun creating them?
    From Mrs Davey
    Epsom PS